Darcy Hilton is the publication coordinator of Western Fraternal Life. In May, Darcy celebrates 7 years here and we are glad to have her! To learn more about our "Goddess of divine wording" read some of her fun facts below!
- How did you first learn abut Western?
My professor at Mt. Mercy University set me up with an internship at Western. Seven years later I’m still here.
- What is your role at Western?
My title is Publications Coordinator, which simply means I write and edit for the publication/magazine Western puts out every month.
- Before working at Western, what was the most unusual or interesting job you’ve ever had?
I worked in the maintenance department at Kearny College in Kearny, NE.
- If you could switch your job with anyone else within Western, whose job would you want?
I LOVE my job, but it would be fun to trade jobs with the president, Craig Van Dyke, for just one day. He has the best parking spot.
- What are three words to describe Western?
Community, serving, and stable.
- What do you find the most challenging in your job?
One thing that I find challenging and rewarding about my job, is that there is always something new to learn.
- What do you like most about Western?
I like the people I work with in the office and the customers we serve.
- What have you gained from working at Western?
I have a bigger desire to serve my community.
- Any favorite line from a movie?
“I gave her my heart, and she gave me a pen.” Say Anything - (Lloyd Dobler)
- Any random facts you could share with us?
For those of you who do not know me, I am a redhead. I am allergic to math and corn silk.
- Are you messy or organized?
I am an organized, messy person.
- Best vacation you’ve been to?
I traveled, by camper, from Iowa to California with my kids when they were 2 and 10. It was the first time they ever experienced the ocean.
- Do you have a favorite quote?
You are always responsible for how you act, no matter how you feel. (Not sure who first said that)
- Do you have an office nickname? What is it?
Little Miss Sunshine and Goddess of Divine Wording.
- Do you recall any embarrassing moment at work?
I don’t but I am sure others do.
- Favorite travel/vacation spot?
Riviera Maya…oh wait, I’ve never been there :)
- If Hollywood made a movie about your life, who would you like to see cast as you?
- What advice would you give to new hires?
Sit down and shut up! Just kidding! Don’t be afraid to ask questions! There are a lot of knowledgeable people here.
- What are three career lessons you’ve learned thus far?
Never stop learning your skill!
Never be afraid to ask for help.
Align yourself with smart people.
- What is your biggest pet peeve?
Loud eaters and walkers.
- What is your favorite sport?
I like to watch X Games, football, and basketball.
- What is your hidden talent?
I can act.
- What kinds of hobbies and interests do you have outside of work?
I love a good book, I enjoy being outdoors when the weather allows to ride a bike or hike.
- What one food do you wish had zero calories?
- Where would you like to travel to?
- You’d like to be famous for?
- You’re happiest when?
I’m with my boys!
Please add your bio info through your member profile page, or through your dashboard.
Call 877-935-2467 to speak with a Western Fraternal Life Representative.