Candidates for the Board of Directors
Apr 29, 2019
Lincoln, NE, Lodge 426
- Operations Manager for a Telecommunications Company
- In charge of accounting, billing, human resources and inventory control.
- Lending and operations in the banking/credit union industry.
- Finance committee at his church and Pius X High School.
- Lodge secretary
- YELL! group organizer, pack meals for Kids Against Hunger, Join Hands Day, place flags at veterans graves, sing at nursing homes, Trunk-or-Treat, and organize lodge annual picnic.
- Chairman of Building Committee at his church.
- B.A. Accounting & Business Administration, Doane University
Holmen, WI, Lodge 32
- Knowledge of governance within a regulatory environment.
- Experience in many diverse areas, such as accounting, finance, sales, legal, compliance, process improvements, and managing a team.
- Has served as District 2 Director since 2011, member of audit, investment, and fraternal committees.
- Governance committee.
- Lodge president, secretary, and correspondent
- Junior Achievement
- United Way
- Habitat for Humanity
- Difference Makers
- Currently enrolled in a Bachelor of Communication degree program, Purdue University
Cedar Rapids, IA, Lodge 13
- Long time business owner.
- Manage financial and personnel requirements for a business.
- Board member of various local and state organizations.
- Has served as District 3 Director since 2003, member of audit, fraternal, and personnel and executive committees.
- Lodge officer
- State meeting officer
- Pre-Convention committee member for four terms.
- St. Ludmila church and school committees. Kolache festival volunteer.
- Iowa Fraternal Alliance Board member and officer.
- B.S. Industrial Administration, Accounting and Economics, Iowa State University
- Apprenticeship training, plumbing
New Prague, MN, Lodge 2
- Serving as a deputy sheriff and city council member has given me the ability to work with constituents to find a balance of their wants and needs.
- Played a large role in changing Western’s Bylaws in 2007.
- Has served as Chairman of the Board since 2008.
- Has served as District 4 Director since 1998, member of investment, and personnel and executive committees.
- Board of Governor’s Minnesota Scholarship Fund
- Lodge and district officer.
- Dozinky Festival
- New Prague Domaci Dancers
- New Prague ambulance service, Lions Club and City Council
- US Navy Sea Cadets
- Elder and past chairman of Friedens Ev. Lutheran Church
- A.A.S. Law Enforcement, Normandale Community College
- B.S. Criminal Justice, Concordia University
Chicago, IL, Lodge 225
- Leader in public education and oversees quality programming, public funds, and the development of new initiatives.
- Provides support and training for senior leaders and governing boards.
- Work with complex financial structures and organizations.
- Collaborates with communities.
- Has served as District 5 Director since 2011, member of investment, audit, and governance committees.
- Volunteer at Bannister Czechoslovakian Harvest Festival.
- Bannister YELL! group.
- Ashley Country Christmas
- Run activities for individuals with disabilities.
- Guide for blind and visually impaired skiers.
- Kaboom! Playground build
- Bannister Czechoslovakian Folk dancers
- B.S. Education, Central Michigan University
- MBA Business, Central Michigan University
- JD Law, Thomas M. Cooley Law School
Minot, ND, Lodge 106
- Project Engineer for a site planning and building development firm.
- Served on several non-profit boards and committees. Past committee work includes: strategic planning, marketing and public relations, and financial.
- Serves as secretary/treasurer and board member of the Kosobud Lodge cemetery.
- Volunteers with her lodge serving Thanksgiving meals, organizes activities for local nursing homes, veteran facilities, schools, pregnancy help centers.
- Gathers items for Toys for Tots and Salvation Army food drives.
- Upkeeps the lodge cemetery and is responsible for cemetery reporting and financial status.
- Writes grants, newsletters, and promotional material for local non-profits.
- Served as president and board member for Circle of Friends Humane Society.
- Participated in National Federation for Press Women.
- B.A. Public Relations, University of North Dakota, Grand Forks
- M.A. Communications, University of North Dakota, Grand Forks
Prague, OK, Lodge 46
- Work with youth to develop life-skills.
- Work with families to provide financial security.
- Has served as District 7 Director since 2015, member of audit, fraternal, and personnel and executive committees.
- Lodge officer
- State Officer
- 2007 National Convention President
- Prague Kolache Festival Association
- Deacons Ministry team
- Prague Ag Boosters, Ag Youth Foundation
- Lincoln County Cattlemen’s Association
- Prague Little League baseball, basketball, and softball coach
- B.S. Agricultural Economics, Oklahoma State University
- M.S. Agricultural Economics, Oklahoma State University
Please add your bio info through your member profile page, or through your dashboard.
At the Board of Directors meeting held in February, we unanimously voted to nominate Craig Van Dyke to continue to serve as our…
The pre-Convention Committee has scheduled a meeting for October 26, 2018. If you have any proposed by-law changes or amendments…
At this year’s National Convention, a change was made to the bylaw that applies to beneficiary designations.