The Fraternal Herald is our monthly publication distributed to all members. The purpose of the publication is to keep members informed of lodge and fraternal activities and Association news. The Fraternal Herald has been in print since 1889. Hardbound copies are stored at the Home Office, microfilm copies can be found at the Lincoln University Library, Lincoln, NE.
Monthly index includes:
- Calendar of Events: lists when the lodges hold their meetings and social events, three months in advance.
- Kitchen Talk: recipes sent in by lodge members.
- Producers Page: shows our top producing agents for the month and year.
- Spotlight: photos of members who have reached lifetime milestones; weddings, anniversaries, graduations etc.
- Earth Care: shows photos of lodges dealing with environmental issues.
- Kids Page: devoted to the youth.
- Fraternal Focus: written by the lodge correspondent, it explains what activities and volunteer efforts the lodges are doing.
- Monthly claims and In Memoriam: brief obituaries serve as a source for genealogy searches.
Features throughout the year:
- Lodge anniversaries
- President, Secretary, Treasurer, and Director of Agency reports
- List of year’s 50-year and 75-year members
- Agent Awards
- Matching Funds Benefit
- Adult Poster Contest
- Youth Art Contest
- Lodge award winners
- List of graduating seniors
- Photo Contest
- National and State Scholarship winners
- Lodge roster
- Fraternalist of the Year