Western Fraternal Life's scholarship program has provided funds to help members achieve their educational dreams.
Western Fraternal Life wants to help all our members succeed and is excited to help them attain their dreams through education. As the cost of getting a higher education continues to grow, Western Fraternal Life is proud to offer 25 National Scholarships.
Click here to learn more about the WFLA Education and Charitable Foundation.
• One four-year Academic Scholarship, $1,000 per year for a total of $4,000.
• Two $1,000 scholarships to either Community College or Vocational/Technical school
• One Community Involvement Scholarship for $1000 to an applicant with outstanding volunteer service.
• One Non-Traditional Student Scholarships for $1000 to applications ages 25 and older.
• Twenty scholarships will be awarded based on academic ability, test scores, lodge involvement, school and community involvement, and financial need.
Each applicant must have been a member for two years prior to application. The application will be the same for all scholarships, and the judges will award one four-year scholarship out of the applicant pool, with the maximum of 4 four-year scholarships outstanding at any time. An applicant may win a four-year scholarship only once. The applicant must maintain a C average each year of a four-year scholarship and plan to or be enrolled as a full time student at an accredited school. An individual may apply for a one-year scholarship up to two times for a total of $2,000.
The scholarship application is not accepted until after September 15. The application and all materials must be received no later than March 1.
Click here to fill out the application and print it. You can also email it to firstname.lastname@example.org subject line: Scholarship Application.
State and Lodge Scholarships: Minnesota, Wisconsin, South Dakota and Oklahoma currently offer state scholarships. Many lodges also offer lodge scholarships to members of their lodge. You are eligible to enter and win the national, state and lodge scholarships. Contact your lodge secretary for more information or click on the links below to download a pdf application.
Additional rules and regulations can be found here.
For additional information or to receive an application, please contact the Fraternal Department at 1-877-935-2467.