Vice President of Direct Sales
BetterLife’s Madison, Wisconsin office has an exciting opportunity for a Vice President of Direct Sales to join our team! This is a newly created position, leading a newly formed team.
What you’ll do:
As the Vice President of Direct Sales, you will help us build a profitable direct-to-consumer life insurance sales channel through the acquisition of new members. This position is responsible for developing strategies for future channel growth and leveraging partnerships with key stakeholders including marketing, IT, member services and several external vendors. Specifically, you will:
- Be the thought leader, expert, and driver of success for our direct-to-consumer channel
- Lead, define, and deliver sales targets on a weekly, monthly and quarterly basis
- Build and execute a plan to profitably sell life insurance via the direct-to-consumer channel
- Train, develop, and oversee the performance of the Manager, Direct Sales
- Improve existing processes, technology and tools to ensure success of the Direct Sales Team
- Work collaboratively with other departments to support and achieve sales and member growth targets
To be successful in the Vice President of Direct Sales position, you will need:
- Bachelor’s degree in business or equivalent combination of education and work experience
- 5+ years’ proven sales management experience with at least 3 years in life insurance direct sales. Experience should include:
– Building and growing a sales channel and the strategies and technology necessary to achieve success
– Coaching, mentoring and building a dynamic and results-focused sales team
– Proven track record of meeting and exceeding expected sales targets and driving results
- Exceptional communication (verbal and written), time management, organizational and negotiating skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced and deadline-driven environment while handling multiple competing priorities
- Passion for continuous process improvement and delivering outstanding service
- Proficient in Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint and the ability to learn new systems
- Current life insurance license
Why Join Our Team:
- You’ll make a difference. BetterLife is a thriving organization that helps people protect their loved ones from the financial risks associated with dying too soon or living too long through life insurance and annuities. As a member owned organization, we are passionate about engaging our members to make a difference in their families, communities and country.
- Our organization is growing. National Mutual Benefit and Western Fraternal Life (a similar sized fraternal benefit society located in Cedar Rapids, Iowa) merged on January 1, 2021 to form a new company, BetterLife. BetterLife is headquartered in Madison, Wisconsin and occupies the former National Mutual Benefit office building. BetterLife serves 64,000+ members across the Midwest, has $650 million in assets, and is licensed to provide life and annuity products in 20 states.
- You’ll love the people you work with. We believe in helping people, making a difference, working hard, embracing change, doing the right thing, respecting each other, and having fun.
- We have great benefits that include:
– 401k with company contribution
– Health, dental & vision insurance
– Company paid life and disability insurance
– Paid vacation, sick leave, and holidays
– Tuition reimbursement